And much has been done in the past week!
I had my first fitting on Tuesday. Anne came with me. It was nice to see how the dress will look when it is bustled. I didn't need very many alterations made. Most of the charges came from the bustle. I also needed it taken in a little in the back and a snap button needs to be sewn back on. $160 total, not too bad. If I needed the hem altered, it would have cost a whole lot more.
After the fitting, Anne came over to the house and had dinner with me and Malcolm. The two of us talked about bridal shower ideas and Anne showed me where she wants to take me for the bachelorette party and I'm super excited about that! Soon after, I went to bed. Anne and Malcolm stayed up watching Serenity and she asked him questions for one of the games she has in mind for the bridal shower.
Our wedding invitations, RSVP cards, and envelopes arrived this week. We will start putting those together and get those out to you guys in the next few weeks.
Joe put the bouquets together for us on Wednesday. They look very nice, but are not done yet. He arranged them and put the floral tape around the stems to hold them together. I will be wrapping the stems with ribbon and adding bows to them. He had several suggestions on how to make them look fuller and jazz them up a bit. But I like how they're coming along so far.
Next weekend, if the weather cooperates (fingers crossed), our friend Jeff will be taking our engagement pictures for us at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it clean - our folks come here!