Monday, July 19, 2010

Excuse me, are you ahh...ahhh... allergic? To flowers? Ah-CHOO!

So, Saturday afternoon we made a command decision to get out of the house, since it was 90-something degrees with 90-something percent humidity. Air conditioning isn't cheap, but if someone else is paying for it, why not go enjoy it?

We went to Michael's, where we tried to get flowers a few weeks ago. And of course, they had fall flowers on sale, moving out the fall stuff for the winter merchandise. Which meant, for those of us having fall weddings, summer was the time to go get greenery.

Although, upon further reflection, it would be better termed "redderry, orangerry, and yellowerry."

We got a mess of flowers, and I'm not allergic to any of them. I was also told not to put them in water, something about them being silk, and not needing water. Bah. I've been putting flowers in water since I was knee-high to a short dog, and I don't see a reason to stop now!

Speaking of which, I need to check the water in those things - they don't seem to be drinking any of at all.

Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean - our folks come here!